OUT WEST ART SHOW 2018
14 Squared, Small Works Art Auction
ABOUT THE 14 SQUARED SHOW
This is an Exciting new event for the Out West Art Show. Pieces selected will be displayed on our website and Facebook prior to our March 2018 Out West Art Show Event. During the Out West Art Show Event, The pieces will be displayed in the “Russell Room” of the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. This room is located right next to the French Quarter Poolside. Artwork will be auctioned following the Friday and Saturday Quick Finish Events.
Open to all OWAS artists in either 2D or 3D. Room fees must be paid. Galleries are not eligible for entries. Only OWAS artists with either their own room or a shared room are eligible.
1. Entries must be original work.and includes painting in all media, or sculpture. (No Giclee’s)
2. Maximum size: 14 inches by 14 inches by 5 inches deep, including frame. No exceptions. All artwork must be original work, no reproductions or copies. Artwork must be priced for sale. Acceptable mediums for painting: oil, acrylic, water media, pastel, egg tempera, encaustic, mixed mediums, batik. Acceptable mediums for drawing: conte crayon, colored pencil, graphite, pen & ink, and scratchboard. Not acceptable mediums include craft, photography, digital prints, collage, any work containing computer generated elements of any kind, prints, textiles or fiber art.
3. 3-D Work (including bases must not exceed 14” x 14” x 14”) (no open editions) Acceptable mediums for sculpture: bronze, stone, glass, wood.
4. Work must be original and completed within the last two years.
5. List your minimum reserve with entry and the retail price of your piece. No Buyer premiums. No Buy-back charges. Completed IRS W-9 forms will be required prior to payment. Checks will be issued after April 1, 2018.
6. Entries must be submitted by January 15, 2018. Finalists will be receive acceptance notices via email on January 21, 2018.
7. Works will be exhibited and price tags will reflect the retail prices and a BUY IT NOW price.
8. By submitting images to this juried opportunity, you understand and agree that accepted images will be displayed on OWAS website, Facebook page, and other social and/or print media. Artists retain
copyright to their image..
9. By entering this exhibition, you agree that you have read and will abide by all rules outlined in this prospectus.
Submitted images must not include matting or framed with a hanging wire. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space.
Work can be delivered to the “Russell Room” of the Best Western Heritage Inn beginning Wednesday. from 8:00am — 12:00pm noon. This will give us time to hang the show prior to the opening on March 14, 2018 Wednesday at 5:00pm. Please enclose your one-page artist statement/bio. Artist is responsible for delivering your piece to the room and picking it up at the close of the show if it does not sell on the Saturday event. All work must be suitably framed and presented with a wire hanger, no saw tooth hangers accepted. Any work deviating significantly from the original jury approved photo may be rejected. Artwork must be labeled on back of each piece with name, title, medium and price. OWAS will not be liable for any damage or loss of artwork. Submission of an entry to this competition constitutes acceptance of all conditions. If artwork is not sold in the March Auction, you may pick up your artwork from the Russell Room of the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn on Saturday, March 17, 2018 after 9:00pm.
SELECTION PANEL An anonymous jury will select pieces for the show
JUROR OF AWARDS: A panel of National Magazine Sponsors will select award winners.
**Each day a piece in the show will be featured on our Facebook Page along with artist info. If you have a Facebook presence, please include your Facebook page info and we will “tag” you when we post. We encourage you to then “Share” the post, not just “Like” it. By Sharing the post, the Out West Art Show Event page will go to all of your “friends”. This really increases publicity about the show and the event. We will boost advertising on Facebook in an effort to reach a larger audience. If chosen your 25% commission will help build our Out West Art Show & Sale into the future because after all we’re here to help not take. We’re truly honored to work for your betterment!